Youth and Government
Through the YMCA’s Youth and Government Program, students experience first-hand the inner workings of government, build leadership and communications skills, and participate in an exclusive-access Legislative Session right at the State Capitol. The program builds skills, and gives students an opportunity to distinguish themselves in ways that colleges and employers look for.
Youth and Government Benefits
- The program naturally supplements what’s being taught in social studies and civics classes.
- Training materials are already in place so it can be brought to schools with minimal increase to teacher workload.
- This program can be implemented in a classroom or after-school program at no-cost. There is a minimal cost for conference attendees due upon registration. Scholarships are available to Conference attendees and entire school programs at the discretion of the Youth and Government Director.
- Participating schools must have a staff or faculty advisor who is committed to supporting the program through the semester.
- All advisors have access to the Youth and Government Curriculum as well as online trainings, fliers, and additional curriculum resources.
- Advisors will be provided with a college volunteer whenever possible.
Volunteer Project Suggestions and Resources
Tree Planting: http://treeutah.org/
For questions regarding Youth and Government, please contact Jamie Nelson | Email| Phone: 801-839-3388