Youth and Government
Any teen who lives in the state of Utah and is in 6th to 12th grade may join or start a Youth and Government Program in their school.
Starting a Program
- Participating schools must have a staff or faculty advisor who is committed to supporting the program through the semester.
- All advisors have access to the Youth and Government Curriculum as well as online trainings, fliers, and additional curriculum resources.
- Students who would like to start a program should speak to school faculty or administrative staff and contact State Youth and Government Director.
- Advisors will be provided with a college volunteer whenever possible.
New Program Requirements
- All programs must have an Advisor who is approved by the sponsoring school.
- New Program Advisers must sign the commitment form and email it to Jamie Nelson.
- All programs must commit to bring youth to the Annual Youth and Government Conference.
- Read the about section and explore the Youth and Government Advisor resources to learn more about starting a Youth and Government Program in your school.
Conferences and Leadership Opportunities
- Jr High Conference Registration Opens November 1st
- Jr High Group Registration Opens November 1st
- High School Conference Registration Open Click Here
- State Conference Scholarship Application
- Youth Governor Application*
- Conference on National Affairs Application Opens March 1st
More information on the State Conference and The Conference on National Affairs.
*The High School Youth Governor will be invited to attend the Youth Governor's Conference in Washington DC
For questions regarding Youth and Government, please contact Jamie Nelson | Email| Phone: 801-839-3388