Mill Hollow



When can I register for camp?

Information for the 2019 is coming soon!

How can I register my child for camp?

Complete the registration form (click here for registration instructions) and submit it to the YMCA with the non-refundable $75 deposit per session or full payment. If you are applying for financial assistance, you must also submit proof of income (IRS 1040 tax form, W-2s, copies of one months worth of paycheck stubs). Click here for information on our Financial Assistance. Incomplete registration forms will be returned and will not be processed until they are complete.

How much is the deposit?

The deposit is $75 per camper per session, including those applying for financial assistance. Deposits are non-refundable or transferable.

What forms of payment are accepted?

The YMCA accepts checks, money orders, and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). Cash is accepted if delivered to the YMCA office during business hours.


Does the health form have to be signed by a doctor?

Each camper's health form must be signed by a licensed medical professional (i.e. doctor, physician assistant, registered nurse) if on Form 2, any of the asterisked items listed in the Health History Form Past or Present section are check boxed yes. The health form must be signed by the parent or guardian of the child. Unsigned forms will be returned. If you fill out the electronic version of the Camper Paperwork and you select one of the asterisked items, you will receive the Doctor's Authorization note via email as a PDF.

How can I get a refund?

If you notify the YMCA office at least six weeks prior to your child's camp session, your camp fee will be refunded minus the $75 non-refundable or transferable deposit. Campers who must leave camp for medical reasons not of their own choosing will be sent a prorated refund. A refund will not be given to those campers who miss their camp departure, fail to attend, choose to attend late/depart early or are sent home for behavioral reasons.

Where is the YMCA office? What are your office hours?

The YMCA office is located at 3216 South Highland Drive, Suite #200, Salt Lake City, UT 84106. The YMCA is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday year-round. The YMCA is closed all weekends and limited holidays.


Where is YMCA Camp Mill Hollow located?

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow is located one-hour east of Salt Lake City in the Uinta Mountains. Click here for driving directions. 


Are there phones, computers, or email at camp?

Because YMCA Camp Mill Hollow is located in the heart of the mountains, communication is very limited. There are neither grounded phone lines nor any cell phone service; however, the YMCA has a satellite phone to make emergency calls and wi-fi to communicate with parents if the need arises. If you have an emergency message that you must get to your camper, please e-mail the director at


How many campers and staff stay in a cabin?

There are at least 2-4 staff and up to 26 campers per cabin.

Is there electricity and running water at camp?

The buildings at camp have electricity and running water. 

Are there private or community showers in the bathhouses?

There are private showers in both the girls' and boys' cabins.


Can campers with special needs attend YMCA Camp Mill Hollow?

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow accepts all children who can spend six days away from home; can bathe, get dressed, and use the restroom without assistance; can sufficiently follow instructions; and are comfortable living in a rustic setting. We welcome and encourage calls to discuss your child's need, personality, and behaviors to determine how they will succeed at YMCA Camp Mill Hollow. If your child has special needs, please adequately complete the registration form, health form and camper information sheet so that we may best serve your child. YMCA Camp Mill Hollow has welcomed children with learning disabilities, ADD/ADHD, epilepsy, and physical disabilities.



How many staff work at YMCA Camp Mill Hollow?

There are approximately 20 staff consisting of counselors, cooks, a health supervisor, maintenance worker, and camp director.

Are the staff well trained?

All staff must complete online trainings and attend a multi-day training prior to camp. During this week of training they are certified in First Aid and CPR as well as receiving extensive education on child development, safety, child abuse prevention, policies and procedures, diversity, conflict resolution, and programming areas. Many of the staff have previous experience working with children or through their college degree courses.

Is there medical staff on-site to tend to the campers conditions?

There is at least one licensed medical professional, such as a CNA, LPN, RN or Wilderness First Responder, at camp at all times. Plus, all camp staff are CPR and First Aid certified.

Is YMCA Camp Mill Hollow a religious camp?

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow welcomes children from all backgrounds, supports each person's individual beliefs, and is non-religious in its programming. 

Is YMCA Camp Mill Hollow a school?

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow is a co-ed summer camp run by the YMCA of Northern Utah with a focus on environmental education and a love for the outdoors. The facility was previously operated by the Granite School District. 


Do you offer financial assistance? How does that work?

Yes, the YMCA believes that all children deserve the opportunity to attend camp. Click here for information on how to apply.


Who is eligible to receive financial assistance?

The YMCA uses HUD federal income guidelines based on family size and household income to determine those that qualify for financial assistance.

Economic need is the primary criteria for receiving assistance. Families are eligible regardless of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, financial status, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We strive to achieve more diversity in our campers, and therefore actively seek out relationships with schools and partnering organizations who will help us provide scholarships to a diverse group of children. 

Click here for information on how to apply.

What is the process?

Parents complete the standard camp registration form, include the Financial Assistance Form, Camper Letter, and Teacher Reference Form and return with documented proof-of-income (copy of current tax return, W-2s, paycheck stubs) and $75 deposit. The YMCA will notify your family within a week of receiving you application regarding your exact assistance amount. Click here for information on how to apply.

How is financial assistance distributed?

A portion of the financial assistance will be given on a first-come first-served basis depending on space available in the requested camp session. The financial assistance amount granted is taken off of the cost of the program. Click here for information on how to apply.


Do you honor cabin mate requests?

We do our best to honor cabin mate requests as long as they are the same gender and within a year of each other's age and the same gender.

Can I send my camper mail?

Kids love receiving messages from home while at camp.

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow is not within the delivery areas of UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. You can also give any mail for the week to a counselor at check-in and we will distribute mail as the week goes on. Please address mailed letters and packages as follows:

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow
Child's Name
General Delivery
Kamas, UT 84036

To guarantee mail delivery, we encourage you to give mail for the week to a counselor at check-in and we will distribute mail as the week goes on. 

How will I know my child is having a good time at camp?

It is typical for first-time camp parents to be worried about their children, but there is no need. From the time the campers get to camp, staff work with the campers to get to know them and help them make new friends. Most campers are so busy having fun, participating in new activities, or laughing with their new friends that they rarely have time to think about missing the comforts of home.

If you provided your email address on the registration form, you will receive a general email update during your child's week at camp. This can be a great assurance for parents! If you are extremely concerned about your child, feel free to contact the director at Checking out our Facebook page to see the pictures that we post daily is also a great way to see what your camper is up to!

Will my child have chores to do at camp?

Yes. YMCA Camp Mill Hollow encourages participants to share in the responsibilities of keeping camp beautiful and being part of the camp family through the ownership of maintaining camp. This is done by sharing in daily chores which require about 45 minutes a day total. These include making their bed, cleaning their cabin, dish washing, cleaning up the lodge after meals, picking up around camp, cleaning the bathrooms, and cleaning rec space. We believe this is not only a great occasion to come together as a team and share through service, but it ensures everyone can gain pride and ownership in their camp experience.

What kind of food is served?

All meals offer several options to accommodate for children's varying tastes and needs. Meals are prepared fresh daily to provide the campers with nutritional balanced choices. Please let us know if your camper has special dietary needs. 


How do the campers get to camp?

Bus transportation to and from camp is available for an additional fee of $30 each way. There are two location options: Salt Lake City or Park City. The pick-up/drop-off location for Salt Lake is Adib's Rug Gallery (formerly the Villa Theatre). The location for Park City is the Visitor's Center in Kimball Junction 1794 Olympic Pkwy, Park City, UT 84098. If you do not elect to use the provided transportation to/from camp, parent's are expected to drop off and/or pick-up your child at Camp Mill Hollow.

Do I need to send general allergy or pain medication up with my camper?

YMCA Camp Mill Hollow has a fully stocked health center to tend to all of the typical medical needs of the campers. If your child takes an over-the-counter medication regularly, please bring it with you to camp and give it to the health supervisor at check-in. 

If your child is taking any prescription medications, please give all medications to the health supervisor in the original container that identifies the prescribing physician, the name of the medication, the dosage, and the frequency of administration. Do not pack any medication. All prescribed and over-the-counter medication must be turned in to the Health Coordinator at check-in.

What should my child pack for their week at camp?

When packing for camp, please remember that YMCA Camp Mill Hollow is a rustic camp located in the mountains, where there can be hot days and cool nights. A packing list can be found here.

What should my child not pack for their week at camp?

The following should not be brought to camp: jewelry, excessive amounts of money, matches/lighters, fireworks/ explosives, guns, knives, drugs, cigarettes, illegal items, valuables, and new/expensive clothing. If any of the above items are found at camp, we will collect, label, and store them until they can be given to a parent/guardian at the conclusion of the week. If any fireworks, guns, knives or illegal items are found, the item(s) will be confiscated, the proper authorities notified, and the camper will be sent home.

Please do not bring food or candy. If you chose to send food items because your child has dietary needs, please label all items and give them to the health coordinator at check-in.

The YMCA is not responsible for any lost, stolen or misplaced personal possessions. All unclaimed lost items will be donated to a charitable organization on September 1st.

How do I claim Lost & Found items?

Lost and found items are usually sent back on the bus and stored at the YMCA office for convenience; email a description (color, size, any details) of the item lost, camper name and session attended to All unclaimed lost items will be donated after 90 days.